My Guide Website?
Morocco: Sightseeing Day Trip from Algeciras1 Reviews
Cross the Strait of Gibraltar by ferry and discover new smells, flavors, and a culture that'll leave you inspired on a day trip to Morocco from Algeciras. Visit Tetouan, a traditional Moroccan city.
- Immerse yourself in the sights, history, and culture of the wonderful Morocco
- Visit the continent of Africa on one-day tour from Spain you're sure to remember
- Savor a traditional Moroccan lunch paired with classic music and local delights
- Visit local shops and a herbalist to watch a demonstration of herbal remedies
- Snap some great photos of the colorful local market as you peruse for souvenirs
DescriptionHead off for a full-day experience in Morocco from Algeciras or the Gibraltar area. Take the ferry over the strait to Ceuta, check out the city, and then embark on a pretty bus ride to Tetouan. Enjoy a highlights walking tour of this iconic place and explore the local market. Savor a traditional Moroccan lunch. Meet your guide at the meeting point in Gibraltar or Algeciras to start your exciting 1-day journey to Morocco. Once in Algeciras, board the fast ferry for a 45-minute ride to Ceuta, taking in beautiful views of the sea as you cross the strait. Set foot on Moroccan soil and begin your panoramic tour of the city of Ceuta, passing in front of the Royal Walls and the Moat of San Felipe. Once you arrive at the border crossing, have your documents ready to cross the border; your guide will then take care of this procedure. Board a 30-minute scenic bus ride from Ceuta to Tetouan and marvel at the passing scenery. Get your camera ready to snap some amazing pictures, stopping at scenic locations en route. Arrive in Tetouan for a pleasant walking tour of the most iconic destinations of this charming Moroccan city. Visit Hassan II Square, the Royal Palace or Khalifa Palace, the Archaeological Museum, and the Centre of Modern Art. Traverse the narrow streets of the old Jewish quarter or Mellah and see the Bengualid synagogue, which is not to be missed. The souk of Tetouan provides a real journey through time. Continue through the Medina of Tetouan. Characterized by its white walls and green doors, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the smallest of its kind in the country. Stop for lunch at a typical Moroccan restaurant where you can enjoy traditional folk music while you sample delicious couscous accompanied by the typical Menta and Arabic pastries. After lunch, stroll through the shopping area of Tetouan and pick up some special souvenirs. Visit a typical Moroccan herbalist with natural products and discover all the benefits of the properties of Argan Oil. At the time indicated by your guide, meet again for the return to Ceuta and then to Algeciras for a nighttime drop-off.
IncludesPickup according to the option chosen Round-trip ferry from Algeciras to Ceuta Local guide Bus ride between Ceuta and Tetouan Guided tour of Tetouan Typical Moroccan lunch with live music
ExcludesDrinks at lunch Admission fees not mentioned
- Passport required. Note: At the time of booking, we will ask for your personal details in order to speed up the process on the day of the excursion. If you are traveling with minors please provide all the necessary documents.
- Certificate of full covid-19 vaccination schedule or negative PCR 72 hours before the activity is mandatory.
- The scheduled timetable of the ferry service does not depend on us and may be altered in the course of the activity.
- The time spent at the border between Spain and Morocco does not depend on us and may be altered in the course of the activity.