My Guide Website?
From Cádiz: Private Day Trip to Gibraltar and Bolonia11 Reviews
Explore the sights of Gibraltar on a private day trip from Cádiz, and see the only wild barbary apes of Europe on the Peñón de Gibraltar. Go to the archaeological park of Baelo Claudia in Bolonia, and discover one of the most beautiful beaches in Spain.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Gibraltar:If youʻre booking your trip to Gibraltar last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar
- See the only wild primates of Europe on the Rock of Gibraltar
- Discover the tall dune of Bolonia Beach
- Benefit from the services of an informative and friendly private guide
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
DescriptionBenefit from pick-up in Cádiz, Jerez, Chiclana, El Puerto de Santa María or Rota, and then journey by air-conditioned minivan to the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar, home to the only wild macaques ('barbary apes') in Europe. Although free to move throughout the city, they're usually found in the limestone rocks of the Peñón de Gibraltar (Rock of Gibraltar), and according to superstition, if the monkeys ever leave the rock then so will the British! An important city during Roman times, Gibraltar has preserved its old town charm, and blends scenic splendor with a modern vibe. While the 426-meter high Rock of Gibraltar looking across the straits to Africa is the main sight, other attractions include the Gibraltar Museum, where the territory's swashbuckling history is brought to life. Take a stroll along Main Street to see the Cathedral of Saint Mary the Crowned and the official residence of the Governor of Gibraltar at The Convent You will also visit the ruins of the Roman city of Baelo Claudia, located about 22 kilometers northwest of Tarifa off the Cádiz to Gibraltar road. Prosperous at the time of Emperor Claudius, the city went into decline hastened by earthquakes, and was completely abandoned by the 6th century. Situated next to Bolonia Beach, considered one of the 5 most beautiful beaches in Spain, the archaeological site preserves the most representative elements of a typical Roman city. The main attraction of Bolonia Beach is its dune. At over 30 meters high and 200 meters wide, it is set in an inlet within the Estrecho Nature Park, where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Mediterranean Sea. From the Bolonia-Faro Camarinal Trail, the views of the broad beach of golden sand, popular with surfers, is truly spectacular. You can also see the lighthouse with its cauldron-like holes in the rocks.
IncludesTransfer from hotels in: Cádiz, Jerez and El Puerto de Santa María Transportation by air-conditioned minivan Private tour Entrance to the Peñón de Gibraltar (Rock of Gibraltar) to see the monkeys Entrance to the archaeological park of Baelo Claudia in Bolonia Civil liability and accident insurance
- Please note that this tour may be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- It is mandatory to present your ID (Europeans) or passport (non-Europeans) to enter the territory of Gibraltar. Please check if you need a visa at http://www.visitgibraltar.gi/get-there-visa
- Please bring your swimming costume, and wear comfortable shoes and a hat
- Bring water, snacks and sunscreen